Tomorrow – Thursday May 5th – is Election Day.
Al Garthwaite, who has been campaigning to save Headingley Post Office, is the Labour candidate for Headingley.
Al is a specialist in getting people into long term employment. So much so she was given an honorary degree by Leeds University for getting 5000 people into long term employment in Inner City Leeds. That’s 5000 families lives transformed.
Al has dedicated much of her life to campaigning against violence against women. She co-founded ‘Reclaim the Night’, which is needed now just as much as ever.
Al has made specific election pledges to the people of Headingley ward – to:
– Establish safe cycle routes & find solutions to our air quality problems
– Tackle violence against women
– Reduce noise nuisance
– Identify creative ways to lessen government cuts & protect people in need
– Promote a Friends scheme for Royal Park Gardens & support Headingley in bloom
– Oppose unwelcome developments
– Fill empty houses
– Make Headingley & Hyde Park a great place for everyone to live!
Al is just the sort of skilled, intelligent person who would make a great councillor for Headingley.
You can read more about her here – http://wp.me/P3nrSW-86U
VOTE AL GARTHWAITE FOR HEADINGLEY ON THURSDAY MAY 5th