Mark Burns Williamson, Labour’s West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, has issued his July Bulletin – to keep us all up-to-date with new initiatives and activity.
Topics this month include
– £1.5 million funding which Mark has allocated to crack unsolved murder and rape cases;
– Child exploitation summit – where Mark brought relevant people together to monitor and improve ways of dealing with these abhorrent crimes;
– Youth Advisory Group meeting – in which Mark’s young team asked, among other things, about radicalisation and the impact budget cuts are having on policing;
– National Specials’ Weekend, in which Mark supported efforts to recruit more Special Constables;
– Unity Project – a half million pound investment by Mark in Community safety in West Yorkshire, jointly funded with the EU – aiming to improve community policing and the way people interact with Wesy Yorkshire’s police.
There are also details on how to report Hate Crime online.
You can read it in full HERE.